- Heat the olive oil in a pot over a medium heat.
- Add the leeks and onions to the oil stir well and sauté until soft (cover the pot for 3 -5 minutes).
- Add the rice and sauté for 2 more minutes mixing well to coat the rice with oil.
- Add garlic, pine nuts and parsley to the pot, mix and heat through for another minute.
- Add seasonings and gradually add 2 cups of water in stages, stir/shake pot to thoroughly incorporate.
- Once all the water has been added and the pot’s contents brought to a boil, turn the heat down to medium-low and cover the pot to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Periodically uncover the pot and give the contents a stir/shake. At the 5-minute mark, uncover the pot, give the contents a stir and, if necessary, add the remaining ½ cup of water. Cover and finish cooking.
- When the cooking has elapsed, leaving the pot covered, remove it from the heat and set it aside to stand for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with a lemon wedge.
Greek Food Recipes and Reflections
Copyright © 2008, Sam Sotiropoulos. All Rights Reserved.